04 February 2010

Bringin' The Ruckus No Doubt

One of my fave records from a few years ago was Ruckus Roboticus' Playing With Scratches, an amazing cut & paste affair loaded with samples from childrens records and tasty beats which sort of had an Entroducing..... for kids vibe about it. As with all the artists that have featured on this blog Ruckus is someone who's work I love and who's brain I wanted to pick in regards to what were some of his go to love jams.

I managed to get a hold of the man himself who kindly took some time out from working on new tunes, making mixes (check his latest Daft Punk inspired mix) and remixing other artists (Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Killa Queenz amongst others) to throw down some answers to the Themes For Young Lovers questions.

Name - Ruckus Roboticus

A/S/L - 28, Male, Ohio (U.S.A.)

Name 3 songs that would be no-brainers to put on a mixtape for that special someone you were trying to woo -
1. The Knife "Heartbeats"
2. White Stripes "We Are Gonna Be Friends"
3. Daft Punk "Something About Us" (... only if it was a VERY SPECIAL girl!)

You've turned the lights down low, lit the candles and poured the dom perignon, what LP goes on the stereo? Only one? ... I suppose any of the Portishead LP's are money.

What is your fave romantic film of all time? Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

You've just had your heart broken, what's the song that you play to ease the pain and get you through? Shit, I have entire mixes devoted towards healing a broken heart! I suppose my two favorite songs to lift spirits are Mos Def -"Umi Says" and William DeVaughn "Be Thankful".

What song was/or will be played during the first dance at your wedding? 'Twas "Spit On A Stranger" by Pavement. I know the title is not romantic, but the lyrics are, and it's a sentimental song for my wife & I.

Who's music do you think has played the biggest part in helping increase the world's population over the years, Al Green, Barry White or Marvin Gaye? Hmmm.... Al Green.

and finally What's your fave guilty pleasure/cheesiest love song?
Again, it's hard to pick just one. I like a lot of cheesey music! Two of my favorite are INXS - "Never Tear Us Apart", and 10CC - "I'm Not In Love". Both have seriously amazing song-writing ... and the production on the 10CC track -- ridiculous!


No comments:

Post a Comment