15 January 2010

Miles Gets Open

The multi talented Miles Bonny (Vocalist/Producer/DJ/Trumpeter) was one artist that I was really keen to get to answer the Themes For Young Lovers questions for a couple of reasons, A. because he's one of my faves and B. A lot of his work, from his own original material to the cover versions he's recorded touches on love themes, so I reached out and luckily enough for me (and you!) he was nice enough to take some time out to do so.

Name - Miles Bonny

A/S/L - 29 /Male/Kansas City, Missouri USA

Name a couple of songs that would be no-brainers to put on a mixtape for that special someone you were trying to woo -
Tyrone Davis - In the Mood
DJ Day & Miles Bonny - Still Miles (Still Ray)


You've turned the lights down low, lit the candles and poured the Dom Perignon, what LP goes on the stereo? Tom Brock - I Love You More and More an unbelievable and amazingly beautiful little known classic

What is your fave romantic film of all time? None come to mind. I think what happens in the room during the film is more important.

You've just had your heart broken, what's the song that you play to ease the pain and get you through? Al Green is always a good choice to centre oneself.

What song was/or will be played during the first dance at your wedding? Hmm, what was first?... lemme call her... wow, well, I was DJing along with Joc Max and I think in the spur of the moment it was Omarion "Entrourage" which is a great song and beat along the same lines of Usher’s "Caught Up" I play those two often when I DJ for both the music crowd and the pop crowd. It’s quality.

Whose music do you think has played the biggest part in helping increase the world's population over the years, Al Green, Barry White or Marvin Gaye? Of the 3, Marvin Gaye. Marvin gets it going. When I was first really in love, All I listened to was Marvin albums, and I felt them like I had never felt them before. I got it.

You're out in the club and you spot a pretty young thang, what's your go to pick up line you use? How are you doin’? The focus is on her. take it from there. It’s not about the first line, but the follow up. The first line is only a door-knock. The second line is the most important.

and finally What's your fave guilty pleasure/cheesiest love song? Any song I associate with a real feeling of love I inherently do not feel is cheesy, but as far as cheesy songs in general; Wilson Phillips “Hold on” is definitely something I dig. I had that tape. And you can’t go wrong with Boyz II Men "On Bended Knee" or Color me Badd. Ghetto mucho baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment