23 June 2009

We Played Nintendooooooooo...

This one takes me way back! 1990 is the year and playing kiss and catch at big lunch in the 6th grade was the name of the game.

Thanks to a song by US kid rap sensations Another Bad Creation all I wanted was a girl named 'Iesha' to play Nintendo with... unfortunately this didn't go to plan, maybe because I grew up in the outer suburbs of Sydney, Australia where the name Iesha wasn't all that common, along with the fact that i had an Atari 2600 not an NES.

I must admit I used to be confused about the name choice for the group, and it wasn't until years later when i discovered the whole 'not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good' thing that it made any sort of sense.

Definitely not for everyone but it holds a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment